- Antique Combs and Purses by Evelyn Haertig, Gallery Graphics Press, 1983
- Antique Purses by Richard Holiner, Collector Books (2nd Ed), 1987
- More Beautiful Purses by Evelyn Haertig, Gallery Graphics Press, 1990
- Vintage Vanity Bags and Purses by Roselyn Gerson, Collector Books, 1994
- Vintage Purses at Their Best by Lynell Schwartz, Schiffer Publishing, 1995
- Fashions of the Roaring ’20s by Ellie Laubner, Schiffer Publishing, 1996
- The Evans Book by Larry Clayton, Schiffer Publishing, 1998
- Whiting & Davis Purses: The Perfect Mesh by Leslie Pina, Schiffer Publishing, 2002
- Purse Masterpieces by Lynell Schwartz, Collector Books, 2004
- A Passion for Purses: 1600-2005 by Paula Higgins & Lori Blaser, Schiffer Books, 2007
- American Textile Museum, 491 Dutton St, Lowell, MA 01854
- Esse Purse Museum, 1510 South Main Street, Little Rock, AR 72202
- Metropolitan Museum Costume Institute, 1000 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10028
- The Museum of Bags and Purses (Tassenmuseum Hendrikje), Herengracht 573, 1017 CD Amsterdam, The Netherlands
The Society is for people seeking information on antique purses: their history, ideas for care, cleaning and display. Members can participate in the Society’s discussion board, read reviews on books about vintage purses, and meet fellow collectors with similar interests.
The purpose of the University is to provide collectors with a cornucopia of information on the makers and history of handbags and jewelry, which are the Bag Lady’s profession and passion.
Esse grew out of a traveling exhibit selected from Anita Davis’ extensive collection that was shown in cities throughout the country from 2006 to 2011. More than just a fashion history, ESSE shows the evolution of the 20th-century American woman — decade by decade — not only through the bags she carried, but also through their contents.
- The Museum of Bags and Purses (Tassenmuseum Hendrikje)
The museum shows the history of the Western ladies bag from the late Middle Ages to present day. The collection tells stories of social developments and styles in the applied arts and fashion through the centuries.